Michelle Grattan and University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Deep Saini discuss the week in politics. They review how Malcolm Turnbull handled the 30th negative Newspoll, Tony Abbott’s comments on the poll, Peter Dutton saying the immigration quota should be lowered, the strain of the Australia-China relationship and the live sheep exports tarnishing Australia’s reputation.
Daily digest email
- View from The Hill: Hastie and Turnbull – what you don’t know, you can’t stop
- Politics podcast: Anthony Albanese on Labor’s National Conference
- High Street (After Ruscha) ruminates on memory, community and culture
- Evidence from the banking royal commission looks like history repeating itself
- A record $340 million lost to fraud in Australia, says latest ACCC report
2017 about after Australia Australia's Australian being better could crisis don't essay Explainer Friday from good Government Grattan Great Health help Here's It's just less makes marriage More musical must need needs over people politics research should still than theatre their them work Year years