Michelle Grattan talks with University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Deep Saini about the week in politics, including how fair the budget is, how the different tax cuts will affect the proposal, Bill Shorten’s reply to the budget, the citizenship crisis by elections and why the government is opposed to having a referendum on this issue.
Daily digest email
- Demasi cleared, but images in science continue to attract intense scrutiny
- VIDEO: Michelle Grattan on Labor’s byelection bother
- Why some migrants in abusive relationships don’t receive help, and are deported
- Friday essay: William Ricketts Sanctuary is a racist anachronism but can it foster empathy?
- Dugong and sea turtle poo sheds new light on the Great Barrier Reef’s seagrass meadows
2017 about after Australia Australia's Australian being better could crisis don't essay Explainer Friday from good Government Grattan Great Health help Here's It's just less makes marriage More musical must need needs over people politics research should still than theatre their them work Year years