Volkswagen has recently revealed a unique Virtus convertible in Brazil. This special version, showcased during Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silvaâs visit to the Volkswagen factory in Sao Bernardo do Campo (SP), stands out with its distinct features.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki To Launch 8 New Cars Over The Next 4 Years: Details
The Virtus convertible, based on the Brazilian-spec car, is powered by a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine, not available in the Indian market. Volkswagen Brazil emphasizes that itâs not just a standard sedan with the roof chopped off. They strengthened the carâs structure at crucial points, modified suspension components, and realigned the doors, which are now pillarless due to the absence of the roof.
Additionally, an extra strengthening rod connects the left and right B-pillars to enhance stability. The carâs floor has been slightly lengthened to offer more legroom, leading to adjustments in the fuel tank and rear seats. Painted in Biscay Blue, the Virtus convertible sports 18-inch wheels with a darkened finish and an all-black interior.
Also Read: Scooter crashes into Rs 12 crore Mclaren 765 LT supercar in Bengaluru [Video]
Constructed as a special project, the custom Virtus convertible prototype was developed within a tight timeframe of six weeks by a team of 30 professionals. It was specifically designed to transport the president during his visit to the plant.
Also Read: Tata Tiago AMT CNG: First Look On Video
This initiative aligns with Volkswagen Groupâs tradition of creating one-off models for special projects, similar to the Rapid convertible project undertaken in India as a student project in 2023.
Shifting focus to the standard Virtus sedan, launched in India on March 9, 2022, it stands as a premium mid-size sedan integrating German engineering with contemporary design and advanced features.
– Safety: Boasts a 5-star Global NCAP rating along with features like 6 airbags, ABS, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Hold Control, ISOFIX child seat mounts, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
– Performance: Offers two petrol engine options â 1.0L TSI (114 bhp) and 1.5L TSI (148 bhp) with both manual and automatic transmission choices. The GT variant elevates performance with a robust 1.5L TSI engine delivering 150 bhp.
– Comfort and Convenience: Features a spacious cabin, ventilated front seats in top variants, electric sunroof, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, and keyless entry/go.
– Design: Showcases a captivating exterior with LED headlamps, taillights, and DRLs, accentuated by sharp character lines and 16-inch alloy wheels (17/18-inch for higher variants).
– Comfortline: Entry-level trim equipped with essential features.
– Highline: Enhances features with touchscreen infotainment, cruise control, and alloy wheels.
– Topline: Offers premium amenities like ventilated seats, sunroof, and a larger touchscreen.
– GT: A performance-focused variant with a potent engine, sporty design elements, and additional features like paddle shifters.
– GT Plus: The top-of-the-line trim includes all features along with luxuries such as electric seats, subwoofer, and ambient lighting.
While the Virtus convertible represents a unique project tailored for a special occasion, the standard Virtus sedan caters to Indian consumers with its blend of safety, performance, comfort, and design.